Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TCH
Level: Powered On

Display (Function)

Hi everyone, 

I am in the middle of building a flow that sends a notification when a document/file is moved between different Sharepoint Document Libraries and adds a new responsible person to this document/file when moved, this part of it is relatively easy. 

This is something i am building for a department at my job, what they would also like is to have a display or at least some sort of showcase of in which document libraries the different files are without having to access them. 

I have experimented a little bit with using an excel file, and creating a tables with columns named after the different document libraries. However when doing this and using the Add Row to a table function it of course only creates a new row in the in the column that you tell it to, but does not delete the previous one. When i have tried to used the "delete a row" in combination with this i find it extremely hard to specify the correct row, or find a way of setting it to be equal to the name of the file that was moved most recently. 

Essentially i wanted to know if there was a Display function, in which flow would constantly update and be able to display the different elements/files in a specific document library?

Hope this makes somewaht sense 🙂 

- Tobi 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Display (Function)

@TCH 

The bottom line is that you can't show anything in SharePoint directly to a user on that site unless they have access to the list or library.  The best that you can do is to log what you want them to see in some other location to which your users do have access.

I suggest using a SharePoint list specifically for this purpose and granting users access only to this list.  I suspect that you'll run into fewer issues than using Excel.  Also, you might update the list using a recurrence trigger and periodically update the SharePoint list one a day, once an hour or whatever time period makes sense.

If you need help or an example, please let me know.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
TCH
Level: Powered On

Re: Display (Function)

Hi Scott,

Appeciate the answer, 
I will try this out instead 🙂 

- Tobi

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,017)