cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GailBan
Regular Visitor

Displaying Dates in flow emails

I have created a Microsoft form for PTO requests using date pickers.  How do I change the way the date is displayed in the approval emails in my flow?  I want it to display MM/DD/YYYY or Month DD, YYYY.  It is currently displaying as YYYY-MM-DD.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GailBan ,

Yep, I am using Date Picker for testing, and this method is available.

173.PNG

Please check details:

78900.gif

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@GailBan 

Take a look at the formatDateTime() expression.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GailBan ,

You could use formatDateTime() function.

Image reference:

159.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much for the reply.  However, it is not working.  When I try to enter that function it gives me an error massage.  I was able to use that function to change the timestamp for the request but these are the dates that employees choose on a date picker in forms.  Here is the start of the flow

Flow.pngFlow 1.png

This is how the approval email reads vs how I want it to read.This is how the approval email reads vs how I want it to read.

If I figure out how to put the function in I am also confused about when to put the format request in?  Will I have to ask it to be converted everytime I send an email with the begining date and emding date of the request?  

Thanks so much for your help, 

Gail

@GailBan 

You need to insert the formatDateTime expression anywhere you want to reference a date which is being reformatted. 

Here is a link to a blog post that briefly discusses using formatDateTime().

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott, 

It is still not working.  I still get the error message saying that The expression is invalid.  Also this function has only worked for the timestamp, not for the form's date picker information. 

Hi @GailBan ,

Yep, I am using Date Picker for testing, and this method is available.

173.PNG

Please check details:

78900.gif

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Thank you so much.  This worked!!! It is so amazing.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappyHeart

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,531)