cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffwllms
Frequent Visitor

Do shared owners need a premium license?

I have a plan for a flow that uses a premium license.  I have not used a premium license before.  So I will have to buy a license for myself, i understand that.  

Normally for these kinds of flows a share the flow to other owners so they can see if the flow is running and get info on it. etc.  Make changes if needed.

It has been my understanding that even when a flow is shared the connector still pretty much belongs to the creator.  Meaning the other owners can see the connector and can use it in the context of the flow.  but they cant edit/delete or make on other changes to the connector.  I also don't believe they can use that connector (in login) in other flows.  

My assumption is this means with premium connectors only the user that created the flow need to have access to the premium connector, and that the user who you share the flow with do not.  

I just want to make sure my assumption is correct.  I could just not share the flow, but it has always been our practice internally to do that if the flow has impact to the team.  Which this one does.

The flow itself isn't not triggered by the individual users.  It has a time trigger, which will use an http action (premium) to make an api request, and then import data to a list that everyone has access to.  

1 REPLY 1
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@jeffwllms 

If the flow is running with recurrence(time based trigger) then the users will not need a premium license. But if ever there is scenario where they have to trigger it manually then they will need a premium license.

As for the scenario you have shared you mentioned that flow get's triggered based on time and works on HTTP requests. So other users will be able to see the data in the list regardless of whether they have the premium license for the flow or not.

The user might need a premium license only when a scenario raises where they have to trigger the flow manually or is doing some action(creating/modifying item).

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (37,193)