cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Document Library Approval Flow

I've created a document library and, using SP Designer, I've created 3 people picker fields and a current status field. I would to create a flow that would do the following:

When the new document is Checked In..

...Send an approval email to people picker one to approve.... Current Status field = "Approved by approver 1"

....When approved, send email to people picker two to approve .... Current Status field = "Approved by approver 2"

...When approved, send email to people picker three to approve..... Current Status field = "Approval complete"

In the "new file is created" flow, I couldnt access any of the fields used to upload a new file (Name, title, my 3 people pickers, and current status) to create the flow.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Lp939,

Currently Custom Columns from SharePoint Libraries are not available as dynamic content in Flow. I would suggest you vote and comment this idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Ability-to-use-custom-columns-from-Doc-library-in-add...

Thanks for feedback. I will also collect and report this request from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lmauriceparker
Helper I
Helper I

What about accessing the default fields, instead of my custom fields? Are those accessible to create a flow?

Hi lmauriceparker,

As we can see, when creating a flow which is triggered by “SharePoint – When a file is created”, the dynamic contents we can get from it are File name, file path, etc.

It seems that the only available default field is File name.

3.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the link.. There is another similar idea in the Flow channel if you would like to follow...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/SharePoint-Files-all-fields-not-just-a-few/idc-p/2616...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,933)