cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manc_Gurl
Level: Powered On

Document Set Flow

I have a library that contains document sets, there are over 40K items in this library.  The site owner has asked if we can copy out documents of a certain content type "Design Document" with a certain purpose which is a choice field, to another library.  I've created an excel spreadsheet which is querying the library and filtering out the particular files that I want to copy.  For some reason in my excel query I can only see a link to the document set where the file resides, I can't seem to get a direct path to the file.  Is there any way I can create a flow, that gets these files that are listed in my query and copies them to another library?  Doing this manually would take ages.  I'm quite new to flow but I've managed to do flows that change permissions etc via HTTP calls.  Any ideas welcome as I need to get this done by the middle of next week.  TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Document Set Flow

Use the action Get Items use a Odata Query in the advanced settings something like ContentType eq 'Design Document" may work.

Once you have this action returning the correct items (i dont know if your going to hit flow limits with 40k items you may be better with a migration tool like ShareGate...).

Then use Copy File flow action - you can pass the identifier returned from Get Items.

Manc_Gurl
Level: Powered On

It looks like this won't work because of the list view threshold. I've inherited this list from another SP Admin and unfortunately they've tried to index content type colums which isn't supported so all the list views are broken.  I was trying to help somebody out without having to spend the weekend fixing the list 😞

Super User
Super User

You might be able to get a trial of Veeam backup for Office 365 - that might be able to backup the site and then you might be able to pull the files out and restore to a new list that way. I think its full featuured in trial mode

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,668)