Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric6
Helper II
Helper II

Documenting Approvals

Hi,

I built a flow to approve certain documents in our company. There's a chain of successive approvers.

In case of audit, how can I prove that the documents were duly approved? The flow run itself is saved only for 30 days...

I would normally have archived the approval email, but with the approval flow only the request generates and email, but the response does not.

Has anyone come across this basic requirement, or do you anyway know a solution?

Best regards,

Eric

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Eric6 

You might want to write to another SharePoint list from Flow every time action is taken on the approval - at every step.  The SharePoint list can act as a type of audit log where you can capture the details.

Flow approvals rely on CDS.  Another option might be to periodically dump all approval related transaction from CDS.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks @ScottShearer 

I already have a log of actions in a list, with name and date of approval, but it is not as convincing as an actual email coming from the account of the relevant manager.

I think the option of CDS looks better, though I have not experience with it. Will it be possible to prove that the action was originated from the relevant manager's account?

Best regards,

Eric

@Eric6 

@Pstork1 can you provide some insight?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,597)