cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hnguy71
Level 8

Does The Trigger Send Email From Shared Mailbox require an O365 license?

Hi All. 

Quick question.  I have a newly created shared mailbox with permissions set to: FORWARD, FULL ACCESS, SEND AS and has access to Azure Cloud and AD. My question is, can the trigger "Send Email From Shared Mailbox" still send emails to users without needing an O365 license? If so, why am I receiving a REST API not supported error message?

{
  "status": 404,
  "message": "REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox. This error can occur for sandbox (test) accounts or for accounts that are on a dedicated (on-premise) mail server.\r\nclientRequestId: 1087abd0-437f-40dd-9ed2-1d227fce822f\r\nserviceRequestId: 30a5aeec-0f8c-429f-8509-240df0c494e6",
  "source": "office365-ne.azconn-ne.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

Also, how can I tell if this is a migrated shared mailbox or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Does The Trigger Send Email From Shared Mailbox require an O365 license?

Hi @hnguy71 ,

The error message happens for mailboxes that have not been migrated to Office 365. Your mailbox is likely still on a dedicated exchange server. You will need to request your Outlook administrator migrate your mailbox.

Please check the following doc on how to migrate mailbox data by using the Exchange Admin Center in Office 365:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2798131/how-to-migrate-mailbox-data-by-using-the-exchange-a...

Further, action Send an email from Shared mailbox could send emails to users without an Office 365 account.

I have tried to send an email to a Gmail account, which works successfully.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hnguy71 ,

The error message happens for mailboxes that have not been migrated to Office 365. Your mailbox is likely still on a dedicated exchange server. You will need to request your Outlook administrator migrate your mailbox.

Please check the following doc on how to migrate mailbox data by using the Exchange Admin Center in Office 365:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2798131/how-to-migrate-mailbox-data-by-using-the-exchange-a...

Further, action Send an email from Shared mailbox could send emails to users without an Office 365 account.

I have tried to send an email to a Gmail account, which works successfully.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

hnguy71
Level 8

perfect! We were able to successfully migrate the shared mailbox! 

cdolan
Level: Powered On

I am having this error but do not have an on-prem shared mailbox. Could there be another issue here @v-yamao-msft ?

Edit: To clarify I made a Shared Mailbox via Office 365 and am getting this error when trying to add it as a Connection in Flow/Power Automate

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,921)