cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JmeBrey
Frequent Visitor

Does a flow user need a license

Hello

Say you have a user with a flow license, they create a flow on a list to trigger on item creation, they test and flow works fine.

What would happen if another user without a flow license created an item on the same list, would the flow trigger for them or does everyone in the orgainsation need a license to be able to run a flow

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Does a flow user need a license

Hi @JmeBrey,

So the flow you created here is using the SharePoint-> "When a new item is created" as the trigger?

If yes, then when a new item is created, the flow would be triggered, regardless of the item creator.

As long as the User has access to the corresponding SharePoint site, creating a new item would trigger the flow to run.

It is not necessary for this user to have a Flow license.

Some more information which you may take a look:

Microsoft Flow FAQ

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mmangiante Helper V
Helper V

Hi @JmeBrey

I suppose nothing happens, i.e. there is no problem because the flow is created with your user sign in and not that of the user that haven't license: so I suppose that the flow goes on without errors.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

JmeBrey
Frequent Visitor

@mmangiante thanks for the response. That is what I thought but I can't be sure and my hands are tied with regards to testing, was hoping someone from the Flow team could clarify. 

We want to start using Flow but to help users with projects in O365 but not give all our staff (13,000+) the ability to start building flows without comms, user engagement ect.

Highlighted
mmangiante Helper V
Helper V

Hey @JmeBrey

maybe you can do a simple test: create a shared mailbox, this doesn't have a license, and try to do your tests: I don't if it is for you a good test, but the shared mailbox is similar to user without license.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JmeBrey,

So the flow you created here is using the SharePoint-> "When a new item is created" as the trigger?

If yes, then when a new item is created, the flow would be triggered, regardless of the item creator.

As long as the User has access to the corresponding SharePoint site, creating a new item would trigger the flow to run.

It is not necessary for this user to have a Flow license.

Some more information which you may take a look:

Microsoft Flow FAQ

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,615)