cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Does flow work with excel documents? For example when the excel is finished start a flow?

I have a workflow could you guys tell me what would be my best option to automate?

1. One person (Person A) opens an excel, edits and saves as a pdf

2. Person A sends pdf to another person via email (Person B)

3. Person B extracts the same information over and over from pdf to another excel file and saves to a different pdf

4. Person B sends new pdf to another person (Person C) via email.

I know I could automate this workflow with sharepoint workflows and a form that travels around from person to person.

Can this kind of activity be done in Flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ juandavidlozano,

Where would you save the excel file in ?

Could you please explain more about the extracts the same information over and over from pdf to another excel file” that you mentioned? 

I'm afraid your needs couldn't be acheived in one flow in microsoft flow currently.

You could consider trying to create two flows to acheive your needs.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ juandavidlozano,

Where would you save the excel file in ?

Could you please explain more about the extracts the same information over and over from pdf to another excel file” that you mentioned? 

I'm afraid your needs couldn't be acheived in one flow in microsoft flow currently.

You could consider trying to create two flows to acheive your needs.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Hi @juandavidlozano,

Have you had a chance to consider @v-yuazh-msft's suggestions to your Flow question above?

If yes and you found that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and mark @v-yuazh-msft's reply as the "Accepted Solution". 🙂

Happy Flowing,
-AT (Flow Community Admin)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,682)