Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sakura
Helper II
Helper II

Double Adaptive Card with Response resulting in bug

Hi

I am using an adaptive card in my flow that waits for a response. Works well.

After the response has been received, I want to send a new adaptive card to a different user and wait for their response. This does not work when you add dynamic content to the message of the second card. If you add for example a compose to the second card, then you will not be able to find the response content.

To test and make sure I was not seeing things, I created a very simple flow with two adaptive cards that both wait for a response.
In my test I used the sample JSON message from Microsoft as documented here. Used the same message in both cards.

test flow with two adaptive cards waiting for a responsetest flow with two adaptive cards waiting for a response

Card 1 accepts dynamic content (in my flow Compose which just says TEST) in the message field and its response can be found.

Sakura_0-1630637332013.png

Card 2's response can also be found as long as it doesn't have dynamic content in the message field. If I then add dynamic content (in my flow Compose 2 which just says TEST) to Card 2's message, then the response for both Card 1 and 2 cannot be found.

How can I get the response from two Adaptive Cards that use dynamic content?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Sakura  i tried your scenario in test flow and i am able to get response from both adaptive cards even though both adaptive cards have dynamic content. Use below expression to get the output based on the json that you are using

Response of first adaptive card

outputs('Post_adaptive_card_and_wait_for_a_response')?['body/data/acPollChoices']

Response of second adaptive card

outputs('Post_adaptive_card_and_wait_for_a_response_2')?['body/data/acPollChoices']

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Sakura  i tried your scenario in test flow and i am able to get response from both adaptive cards even though both adaptive cards have dynamic content. Use below expression to get the output based on the json that you are using

Response of first adaptive card

outputs('Post_adaptive_card_and_wait_for_a_response')?['body/data/acPollChoices']

Response of second adaptive card

outputs('Post_adaptive_card_and_wait_for_a_response_2')?['body/data/acPollChoices']

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Dear @annajhaveri 

Thank you for having a look and run a test on your end. This is what my dynamic content looks like in the editor:

Sakura_0-1631062447551.png

As you can see the dynamic content of the adaptive cards do not pop up where they normally would.
However, your solution of manually crafting the response through an expression worked for me and I have marked your reply as the solution.

Not ideal to have to do this through expressions but I am able to move on. Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,959)