cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Download email attachment - duplicate file

Hello,

I am trying to download an attachment from email and I get always a duplicate file with some other name. My attachment is always picture.attch flow.pngattchments files.png

I don't really understand why is it downloading this extra file when the email has only one attachment. Because my files are downloaded daily I have always the one with same name rewritten and the other creates a new file with this name without extension. Is there any way to filter attachments by extension, or something? When I see the run the apply to each step has been run twice which means the first step gets 2 attachments for some reason even though the email has only one.

Thanks for help.

K.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Download email attachment - duplicate file

Hi @jakub_ 

This might be happening due to any images in the signature or the email body. As it is happening consistently, I believe it is the image in the signature of the email. Can you check and confirm this one? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the attached image is embedded in the email body. Do you know how to ignore email body?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @jakub_ 

You can try to identify the image name and then ignore it while creating the attachments in SP. If the incming mails will have a particular naming convention for the attachment, you can look for that. 

Also, you can check on a few other mails if the name of the attachment from the body of the email is same, you can use that ignore it by adding a condition branch in the attachments loop. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It always ends with png and I can try to create switch with substring for the last three characters, i guess.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @jakub_ 

Yes. So if the attachment that you are trying to store is not an image, you can add a condition to check if the type or extension is PNG. You can use the split action to split on the file name on the '.' and then use the last of the split array to compare with the png text. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How would you use split for attachments name? Mine does not work or I don't know the syntax.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @jakub_ 

You can do it like this as well: 

fe.PNG

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,560)