cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admweb79
Level: Powered On

Dropbox to SFTP sync - some trigger folders from Dropbox are hidden

Hi,

We have checked first with Dropbox and they say its not there end that is causing the problem, yet when i try and connect the dropbox to SFTP - which works fine and has been tested on our web server via a different folder, but when I select a folder from Dropbox, their are 3 child folders that arent not showing up in the list, which we need to be able to select as folders to watch(trigger) our actions.

Drop box confirmed this is not a problem with the folder setup there end - can you assist in finding a conclusion?

FYI - this relates to the 2nd folow in our account (from the list) and the 'trigger' folders that are missing inside the 'giant' folder - it is currently showing '0000-10000' & '10001-15000' & 'Militaria' folders but its now showing our '15001-19999' or '20000-25000' folders? We need to be able to select these too but they dont show up in the list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Dropbox to SFTP sync - some trigger folders from Dropbox are hidden

We have no insight on your Dropbox connection and permissions and why the folders are or are not showing up. Dropbox support can say that there is no issue, but clearly something from their API and your permissions is blocking listing of those folders in question.

All the Dropbox connector for Flow really does is return API calls, and Dropbox has an Dropbox API Explorer that you can use to test your API calls.

I'd create a test app in their dev portal and do some test API calls using the same credentials you are using for Flow, and see if you can view the folders in question.  Also, create new folders to test if you can see those. 

I'd also escalate further with Dropbox support if you've only dealt with frontline support, many times they are only reading from a script and doing the bare mininum. You may need Dropbox engineers take a look at it. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

The Dropbox Flow Connector documentation outlines the capabilities of the connector fully. The FTP Flow Connector has much more expanded functionality and may be a better option for you. 

I don't have Dropbox, so I can't build a test - but an option that may work is to have multiple flows, or parallel branches within a Flow that routes directly to the folders in question. 

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

admweb79

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the reply on my issue, but i cant add parrallel branches becaus when trying to select the desired folder for the trigger level event in my Dropbox, some folders are visisble, but 3 are not, and these are the ones I need to set the trigger on. I'm confused as to why 2 child folders within my folder are showing, but 3 others (which I need to use, are not availabale in the list)

admweb79

Screenshot of my flow and the folders I am able to use within my 'giant' folder, yet 3 other folders within the 'giant' folder are not showing in the list? Why would this be? Dropbox Support said all was fine with the folder and permissions?flow_screen_drobox.png

Super User
Super User

We have no insight on your Dropbox connection and permissions and why the folders are or are not showing up. Dropbox support can say that there is no issue, but clearly something from their API and your permissions is blocking listing of those folders in question.

All the Dropbox connector for Flow really does is return API calls, and Dropbox has an Dropbox API Explorer that you can use to test your API calls.

I'd create a test app in their dev portal and do some test API calls using the same credentials you are using for Flow, and see if you can view the folders in question.  Also, create new folders to test if you can see those. 

I'd also escalate further with Dropbox support if you've only dealt with frontline support, many times they are only reading from a script and doing the bare mininum. You may need Dropbox engineers take a look at it. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,366)