Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sk-73
Helper III
Helper III

Duplicate approval

Dear all,

Does anyone know why the workflow will send the duplicate approval? Please see the below attached.

Sk73_0-1637559775069.png

Sk73_1-1637560120499.png

Will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Sk-73 

There is no reason that a duplicate approval email should be sent out.  Is it possible that you have a second Flow running that also sends out an approval?  Maybe a Flow that you were developing and forgot about? 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi, @ScottShearer  Thank you for replying to this post. Please see below my whole flow. 

Sk73_0-1637633234682.png

I think the 2nd approval shouldn't trigger the duplicate approval when the power automates send out the 1st approval. 

For every single approval, I do indicate the subject. 1st approval for the line manager, 2nd approval for the senior manager. 

if the line manager has been approved the 1st approval, then it will only send the 2nd approval to the senior manager.

I notice, for some reason, the first approval will send out two times for some time. This morning I tried multiple times after I remove the "Title" column. I don't know why but I don't see the duplicate approval again.

Please let me monitor again.

Thank you.

Hello, I am currently having this issue as well. At what part in your flow did you take out the "Title" column?

Hi @jjoseph11  sorry for the late response. May I know what's the current status?

Hi @jjoseph11 

If I remember correctly, the last time before I update the flow was, in the Title column I put the "Title" dynamic attribute. Please see the below attached. 

Sk73_1-1644202508687.png

Below attached is the updated flow.

Sk73_2-1644202607408.png

I hope this helps. Cheers.

jjoseph11

Thank you! I am not sure why but I do not have an option for "Software Name". I currently have "Name" where it is, and tried switching it to "Title" and "Name" , still getting the same result of a duplicate email. 

Hihi @jjoseph11 

You will not see the software name dynamic attribute unless your shared point list has that column. Below attached for your reference.

Sk73_0-1644459148554.png

Let me share with you what my double approval flow looks like.

001.png

Sk73_1-1644460236102.png

Sk73_2-1644460435701.png

Every time, after an approval action the next you should put "apply to each" action.

You may try to follow my follow to create your double approval flow. 

There's have many diff ways can archive. I hope this helps.  😃

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,545)