Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmichalik
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dynamic Content - Message Id

Hi,

I am creating a simple workflow integrating O365 email and Todoist - If an email is starred/flagged, then create a new task in Todoist's Inbox.

I need to add the Message-Id header of the email to the task (to create a link to the particular message in my email client). I thought the Message Id item from the dynamic content fields would do the trick, but the values I am getting do not have the expected format and don't include FQDN of the originating server, for instance.

Expected Format Message Id: CY1PR10MB0460FA8D48D8EC757832BD71BFA00@CY1PR10MB0460.namprd10.prod.outlook.com

What Flow Actually uses as Message Id:

AAMkAGVmMTYzMTZjLTAwMmUtNDk5YS04NGRmLWRiOTM2NmQzNGFkNQBGAAAAAACI178QLJ5DTapLZA1-uGwpBwBf6dPWg5KESrfBOk3ouJPEAAAC2i8OAAAjOmjSeptbTK9k6dINTvVhAAFfKs1UAAA=

Is this correct or not, please? Is there any way to get the value of the email Message-Id header in the Flow?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pmichalik,

Thanks for your understanding.

I have already reported this request on my side. Hope PGs will take it into consideration in the future releases.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Pmichalik,

I create a similar flow with you to test this issue, then I get the same result with you.

The Message Id I get on my side looks like below:

3.PNG

I guess that the default Message Id flow using is in this kind of format. About your expected Message Id header, may I suggest you create a request at Flow Ideas Forum, hope PGs will take your request into consideration in future releases.

The Flow Ideas Forum is:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Allright, thanks for the effort! Will create the idea.

Have a good day.

Hi Pmichalik,

Thanks for your understanding.

I have already reported this request on my side. Hope PGs will take it into consideration in the future releases.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,604)