cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsmelmon
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Content not rendering

I have a scheduled flow which is designed to check once a day for any shifts without people assigned using Shifts for Microsoft Teams. I list shifts, then I check if the open slot count > 0 if yes, I post the following message to the teams channel:

"@General There is an open shift at formatDateTime(@{items('Apply_to_each')?['sharedOpenShift/startDateTime']} , 'dd-mm') is anyone free to cover it?"

However, the message is posting into teams as the literal formula above. Why isn't it rendering the dynamic content. Even if I remove the formatDateTime(), I still get the same result. Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 17.28.13.pngScreenshot 2020-12-14 at 17.28.04.pngScreenshot 2020-12-14 at 17.51.53.png

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @itsmelmon 

As you are passing it directly as text in the text block, it is not evaluating the expression. In the Message option for the Post a message as a flow bot to a channel, rewove the expression from the base text and then put the cursor after "shift at" and switch to the expressions and then place the entire thing there after getting rid of the '@' and curly braces. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@yashag2255  Thanks for coming back to me. I have followed those instructions, please see the screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 14.58.24.png

However,  it is still rendering the raw text "

@General There is an open shift at @{formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['sharedOpenShift/startDateTime'] , 'dd-mm')} is anyone free to cover it?"

@yashag2255 Just wondering if you had any other advice on this?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,076)