cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonander
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic content missing from "Post adaptive card and wait for response" activity

Hi

When I use the "Post adaptive card and wait for a response" activity after a trigger "When an item is created or modified" in a Sharepoint list the dynamic content from the "Post adaptive card..." is missing only the list item content is therePropertiesMissing.png

I have tried the solution with turning off "Split On" option for the list activity.

Anyone with an idea what the issue may be?

Thanks

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sonander  if i understand the issue correctly, that you are not getting adaptive card values in dynamic content? If yes, can you please double check if you have specified all parameter values in the Post Adaptive card action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri the same adaptive card works if I for instance trigger the flow manually.

I have managed to a work around by using a Compose activity with this input 

Outputs('PostToTeams')['body']['submitActionId']

Thanks

Peter

@Sonander  are you using Dynamic values in the Post adaptive card action, then that could be the reason of dynamic content not appearing for it. The expression that you are using should work.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Yes I try to use the button in the adapative card to make further decisions, but it does not show up as an dynamic property if the flow is triggered by a change in a Sharepoint list as it does if the flow is triggered manually

Hi @Sonander ,

Thank you for your work around the idea, it has inspired me a lot to try and test it out and it works! 😃 

I would like to share with you about my case study scenario. 

Scenario: How to pass the question asked by a public user from Power Virtual Agents (PVA) bot to one or more of the internal staff via chat in Microsoft Teams? 

My Solution:

Expression Code to retrieve the text response from Teams userExpression Code to retrieve the text response from Teams user

outputs('PostToTeams')['body/data/txtReplyId']

Reason I came out with this Expression code: 

Check the output of the "
Post adaptive card and wait for a response" action

Outputs from Teams Adaptive Cards actionOutputs from Teams Adaptive Cards action

Outcome:

Outcome with flowOutcome with flow

Hope this scenario helps! 

Regards, 
KS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,782)