cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelmutWimmer
Microsoft
Microsoft

Dynamic content not possible for selector in UI flows

Created the following UI flow with Dynamics NAV 2013 as desktop app: Create a new purchase invoice

What I've found is that the desktop app (NAV) adds the invoice number and vendor name to the window name and the selector in the UI flow afterwards. As the invoice number is generated newly with every new purchase invoice, the UI flow fails for all subsequent steps (as the window name changes every time and the selector from the recording is not valid anymore). This is an example of the recorded control: "New - Purchase Invoice - INVOICENUMBER ∙ VENDORNAME". So for every new invoice and every new vendor the name of the window is different.

Suggestion: if I could add dynamic content to the selector as with other Power Automate fields (not possible at the moment for the selector), the target window/control could be dynamically assigned.

3 REPLIES 3
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @HelmutWimmer 

Can you please add some screenshots for more clarity? By selectors, do you mean any dynamic content that is being populated on the desktop app? How are you opening the app on desktop in the UI Flow? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi!

Here are some screenshots of the UI flow. I simply record the flow in My Flows/UI Flows by starting the recorder.

When I/the system clicks on creating a new Purchase Invoice, a new window is created which is named "New - Purchase Invoice"

2020-01-23 09_24_46-navuiflows10 - 13.69.139.74_3389 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

So, in the selector field for the UI Flow step, it will show the name of the window like this (see the name field in the JSON):

{
        "automationId": "{00000033-0000-0000-0108-0000836BD2D2}",
        "boundingRectangle": "330;222;1859;1481",
        "className": "WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.265601d_r9_ad1",
        "controlType": "50032",
        "frameworkId": "WinForm",
        "name": "New - Purchase Invoice",
        "localizedControlType": "Window"
}

After selecting a new purchase invoice number and the vendor, the name of the active window is changed like this. The name of the window changes to "New - Purchase Invoice - 1070 - myTaxi Austria GmbH". It is the SAME window as above, just the name of the window changes.

2020-01-23 09_25_21-navuiflows10 - 13.69.139.74_3389 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

For all subsequent clicks the recorder changes the selector field. You can see the change in the name field of the JSON:

{
        "automationId": "{00000033-0000-0000-0108-0000836BD2D2}",
        "boundingRectangle": "330;222;1859;1481",
        "className": "WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.265601d_r9_ad1",
        "controlType": "50032",
        "frameworkId": "WinForm",
        "name": "New - Purchase Invoice - 1070 ∙ myTaxi Austria GmbH",
        "localizedControlType": "Window"
}

With a behavior like this (the legacy app being recorded changing the name of the active window), all subsequent steps of the UI flow will fail as the window changed the name from when it was created and used first.

Therefore, it would be great if one could use dynamic content for the selector in the UI flow:

2020-01-23 09_26_51-Manage your flows _ Microsoft Power Automate.png

Dudders

I have come across the same issue as @HelmutWimmer, any resolution?  If there was a way to use the currently active selector without referencing the window name, it could be avoided since the new file is still selected by the UI.  Don't know if that is possible though.

Sorry for hijacking onto your post, but this is the only discussion in existence on this topic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,286)