cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ripplez
Regular Visitor

Dynamics 365 datetime format is not valid

I'm trying to create - or actually recreate - a flow that reads a guid from Google sheets and updates the corresponding appointment record in Dynamics 365.

The appointment requires several mandatory inputs for the update, including start and end times. I enter these parameters and then try to update my flow but I get a very unhelpful "Definition contains invalid parameters". I can't save the flow but as far as I can tell it is the date fields causing this.

2017-06-22 13_07_39-Manage your flows _ Microsoft Flow.png

I had a similar one I ran earlier in the year which required the datetime to be in UTC format. This no longer seems to work.

Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ripplez,

It seems that when creating a similar flow, I am getting the same error message, though I try to format the Start Time and End Time with different format.

Then when I try to create a similar flow “when a new record is created, update a record”, I am also getting the same error message.

4.PNG

I will try to report this issue on my side and back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for looking into it. I thought I was going mad!

Hi,

I'm new at Microsoft Flows, and i am facing the same issue. When i try to setup the Appointment's Update  a "Definition contains invalid parameters". I'm not sure wether if the issue is because of  the Record Identifier (Appointment) or start/end times. Do you have any updates for this issue please?

Thanks and regards!

Hi ripplez,

I have some updates for you.

PGs are working on this issue and they are trying to get the fix pushed this week.

Please try it next week to see if it will be working fine. I will keep an eye on this issue and update to you with the latest information.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mabel

I've tried again this week and I still can't get it to work. It's a shame the error meesage does't give us more clues as to what is wrong.

Hope the team gets it sorted soon.

Actually it's working now. Maybe took a while longer for the solution to come down to us.

And I must say, it's a beautiful thing. Love it!

Hi ripplez,

Thanks for updating.

I am glad to hear that it is working now.

Anytime you have issues when working with Flow, please feel free post your issues here, we are always ready to help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,013)