cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dynamics NAV: triggers not available

Until a few weeks ago, we had some triggers available from Dynamics NAV in Flow:

• Dynamics NAV - When a record is created
  • Dynamics NAV - When a record is modified

It seems that these triggers are not available anymore?

Anyone else noticed this, any suggestions?

Flow - NAV Triggers.png

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Dynamics NAV: triggers not available

Hi @ MathijsS,

The issue is confirmed on my side.

I would report it to my team, if the issue is solved, I would reply here.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Is there any update to why the triggers aren't showing up anymore?

Highlighted

have we got an update on this i really need these triggers? why have they suddenly gone?

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

There were a couple issues regarding how the triggers were working so they were hidden until a solution is available in a few months.  If you have an existing Flow created, the triggers will continue to work. 

Highlighted

Do we have an indication of when the solution will be availible?

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Targeting to have an upated connector as part of our work in the next semester.  We plan on doing a blog post on this shortly. 

Brian

Highlighted

Found a work around to expose the triggers. The triggers are hidden but still seems to work. I fudged it by manuapalting the URL. 

In my example, I needed to trigger the flow when a record was created in NAV. I create a sample flow using another trigger and then manuapulated the URL (as below). 

https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-b1ac35c5-fd11-43ba-a811-f82cc883731...

You might have to adjust the URL to suit your region. You can swap out the operation ID if you want to expose other triggers (modify / delete). They are documented on the Flow connector website.

This only gives you the trigger to start the flow but was good enough for my scenario. If you want to expose triggers in the other places in the flow you can download the flow in JSON format and edit the JSON. Get's pretty messy through. 

Hope this helps somewhat.

Highlighted

Does anyone have information about an update on this topic? When can we expect the return of triggers in Dynamics NAV connection?

Highlighted

The official response from Microsoft can be read here https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2018/04/16/use-microsoft-flow-to-build-automated-workflows-base...

It was promised to deliver some news about it this Fall but until now there is no news.

I was able to create a flow connecting to a NAV. It was exported a package file before it was hidden and after imported. This flow is working on a Test scenario with few lines and it is stable!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Triggers will be available for Business Central (SaaS) within the next couple weeks.  The connector, in preview, was reconfigured to utilize the Business Central API layer and a new Delta Service was created to better monitor changes in the data set. 

Unfortunately, this functionality will not be made available for Business Central (on-premises) and NAV users.  The Intelligent Cloud functionality released in October could be used as a work around.  This functionality enables customers to replicate data from their Business Central (on-premises) solution to their Business Central (SaaS) tenant to enable usage of cloud services, such as Machine Learning, Power BI, Power Apps, and Microsoft Flow. 

Support for NAV 2018 and the Intelligent Cloud is currently planned for the Spring '19 release.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

hi @arootman , what do you mean with i create a sample flow using another trigger and then manuapulated the url? Which trigger is "Another"

Highlighted

To “work around” the issue follow these steps:

1. Step 1: Create a any new flow to get your environment uri. Copy the first part the URL as shown below that contains your environment URL

https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/yourenvironmentid

1. Step 2: Append one of the following NAV trigger URI to the environment URI copied in the step above

When a record is created

/flows/new?trigger=%2Fproviders%2FMicrosoft.PowerApps%2Fapis%2Fshared_dynamicsnavision%2FapiOperations%2FGetOnNewItems

When a record is deleted

/flows/new?trigger=%2Fproviders%2FMicrosoft.PowerApps%2Fapis%2Fshared_dynamicsnavision%2FapiOperations%2FGetOnDeletedItems

When a record is Modified

/flows/new?trigger=%2Fproviders%2FMicrosoft.PowerApps%2Fapis%2Fshared_dynamicsnavision%2FapiOperations%2FGetOnUpdatedItems

Example:

https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/yourenvironmentid/flows/new?trigger=%2Fprov...

Note these triggers have since been deprecated so not sure about the reliability. Since the BC connectors don’t work with NAV I have resorted to use the HTTP request trigger (in flow instead and have added code and event subscribers in NAV to call the HTTP end point in flow.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

hi @arootman  one step closer, i have the trigger visible but where do i need to enter the odata urls? I try to connect to a NAV On Premise...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,982)