cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SilasCyro
Frequent Visitor

ERROR IN FLOW WHEN I CREATE AN APPROVAL ACTION

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a laptop gate pass for my place of work. I am using Power Apps to display the user and laptop details for the user to submit their request for a laptop gate pass.

I have a Power Apps trigger in my Flow, then I create the item in SharePoint list and add an Approval step for the newly created request/item, after the request has been approved I want to generate a PDF as the laptop gate pass and attach this to an email notification back to the user.

However when I add an Approval step I get the error below, please help me on how to fix this.

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Start_an_approval' inputs at line '1' and column '2588': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_approvals']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_approvals' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline, shared_onedriveforbusiness'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Regards,

Silas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SilasCryo,

I think the last bullet on the above section should work.

When you import the Flow to PowerApps there is a current bug (that I don’t think has been fixed yet) that occurs when you add a new connection to your Flow.

All you have to do to resolve it is to Save the Flow as a new Flow, with a new name, then remove the call to it from PowerApps and the association to it from the PowerApps form and add a call to the news flow and it should start working.... until you add another new connection to the Flow and then you’ll have to re-add it again.

-Mark

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@SilasCyro:

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow?  That will make it much easier to assist.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi @ScottShearer,

Below is the screen shot.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Silas

Hi @SilasCyro,

You could try to solve your problem using the following methods:

• If you are using and configuring this Flow in PowerApps portal, you could try to open the Flow in MS Flow portal and re-run Flow to check if the issue still exists.
  • Close this page,  refresh the page, then reopen MS Flow and run Flow.
  • Or export the entire Flow, then re-import as a new Flow, configure all connections, then run Flow and check if the problem still exists.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @SilasCryo,

I think the last bullet on the above section should work.

When you import the Flow to PowerApps there is a current bug (that I don’t think has been fixed yet) that occurs when you add a new connection to your Flow.

All you have to do to resolve it is to Save the Flow as a new Flow, with a new name, then remove the call to it from PowerApps and the association to it from the PowerApps form and add a call to the news flow and it should start working.... until you add another new connection to the Flow and then you’ll have to re-add it again.

-Mark

View solution in original post

Hi @MarkStokes@v-bacao-msft@ScottShearer

I followed the steps and also re-configure the whole flow again and it worked well. Thanks so much for the support and ideas shared.

Regards,

Silas

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,207)