cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveMNCPA
Level: Powered On

Re: Easiuest way to get calendar_id for the Office 365 Calendar connector

I think Microsoft changed their layout with flow a tiny bit from my above instructions.  I wish I could paste a screen shot here as it would make it easier to show.  On the screen where your flow(s) is listed, click on the flow you want to use.  It will open up and in the upper right side there is a connections box.  That should show the resource calendar connection you are using with that flow.  If it shows something else such as your own calendar, click edit right above this connections box. You will now be inside editting your flow.  The top step "When an upcoming event is starting soon" click on the 3 little dots just to the right.  It will open up a menu with all the listed connections you have set up. Select the connection (resource calendar email) you want to use for this flow.  If the connection is not there, at the bottom there is an add connection option.  Select that and setup your connection.

Your resouces will need passwords set, at least they did when I did it.  If you have not set the passwords of your resources to a known value, you will need to do that in the user admin area.  I hope this helps and makes sense without a screen shot or two.

AndersHVE
Level: Power Up

Thanks!   I think I have followed your description, but still it does not axepct the calender user, even if I have a password. I enter the calendar user and the system changes it automaticly to my own user. I'm not asked for a password.

DaveMNCPA

Are you an Office 365 user or full admin? If you are an O365 subscriber and an admin, I would open a ticket with support through your O365 admin portal and ask them why you can't get a connector to another calendar to work.  Also this has to be a shared calendar and you have to have access/permissions to these calendars.  If you are using and admin account that shouldn't be a problem, but check to make sure the account you are using has read access to these calendars. Without seeing what you are doing it's kind or hard to diagnose.  Microsoft can do a screen share with you to help you.  They did that with me when I was having problems after my flows just stopped working one day.  I ended up needing to reselect the calendar in every flow as some change Microsoft did invalidated the unique calendar id the flows were using under the hood.

andyolb28

Thanks for your solution 🙂

Highlighted
JasonK

Has anyone been able to successfully get the trigger on outlook 365 - when an event is added, updated or deleted to work with a shared calendar (resource calendar). I am able to set the password for the shared calendar and able to add it to the trigger listed above.

When testing, I create a calendar entry in the shared calendar (outlook), run the test in FLOW, and it never triggers. Ive tried outlook.com trigger version and same issue. Trigger never fires. Anyone have any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,733)