cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThreeAngle
Frequent Visitor

Email Approval get response You did your part, no further input is needed from you....

Hi All,

please help for my case,

I get response like Pict below after I approver my task mail Approval. 

ThreeAngle_0-1606896353155.png

my response not update in sharepoint and status flow still running. can explain about this and how to solving. this case intermittent.

8 REPLIES 8
rikdekoning
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

After everyone has given approval, your flow should automatically resume. In what state is your flow now? (which action). Are you sure everyone has approved?

TeriNewton

I know this is an old topic, but was a solution found? I am having a similar situation. There are two approvers. The approval type is "Approve/Reject - Everyone must approve". When one person approves, the second person's email changes to "You did your part, no further input is needed from you...". So the second person cannot approve or reject and the flow continues waiting.

Never mind. It magically started working correctly this morning. I made no changes. I have no explanation.

Well it's definitely not just you - worked fine this morning, started doing this this afternoon with no change in the approval made.

FosterJ
Regular Visitor

Bump.

This just started happening this afternoon while running some tests on my approval workflows.

Haik

Same here. Did some testing today von approval workflows and unfortunately it's not working. 

TeriNewton

I think I know what happened. I was testing by sending approvals to myself and a test account. It was not until my boss and I tested that it worked. When I added the test user back into the mix, we got the message.

I have read and manage permissions on the test user mailbox. Its mailbox appears on the left pane of Outlook under my mailbox. It was not until I used a browser and logged into the OWA as the test user that approvals worked for all three of us.

Haik

@TeriNewton you were right, it has to do with the permission of the person who is approving. 

My supervisor gave me the hint that it could be a problem when the approver is admin of the site collection. So i created new test users which are only members of the site collection and have approver permission. I changed the emails in the 'Assigned to' field, in the approve action, to the new test users and took the admin user out of there. And it worked for me! 🙂

In conclusion: don't use admin users for approvals. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,492)