cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigE
Level: Powered On

Email Large Number of Users

I have a Flow setup that will email people that are part of a SharePoint list. This was a carryover from a SharePoint 2010 Designer workflow that we replaced when we migrated the site. The list currently has 593 items in it. Flow handles things a bit differently than SPD workflows so before I kicked off a test I wanted to see if there would be any issue with emailing this large number of people?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Email Large Number of Users

Hi @BigE ,

Whether the emails contained in these items have duplicate parts, if any, it is recommended to use the functions contained in Flow to remove the duplicates first.

Do you have a similar Flow to implement your needs now? If so, and you are experiencing some difficulties, you could provide more details about the issue so that we can provide the appropriate workaround.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
manuelstgomes
Level 10

Hi @BigE 

That's a lot of people. 🙂

I recommend sending these emails into batches. I know it's more work, but you won't get into issues with the email server starts to think these are SPAM. Also, ensure that your Admin knows that these emails are being sent to take adequate measures. 

From Microsoft's documentation:

You may not get emails from this connector:

• If you are in the unsubscribe list. You can use this form to manage your subscription preferences.
  • If the corporate side of things has a SPAM filter that is catching the email and saying it is spam. It never gets into your spam folder because it is intercepted at the server level.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

BigE
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the input. Yeah, this was really too large for the old SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to do before. I didn't know about this one until we started to migrate their site to 365. I'm currently looking for other options outside of SharePoint to do this, just wanted to get some input from others in the community first.

manuelstgomes
Level 10

Hi @BigE 

You can try to use something like SendGrid. It's scalable and has a generous free tier.

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sendgrid-dotnet-how-to-send-email/

Hope it helps you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,225)