cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nessapangs

Email Reminder when end date approaches

Scenario: 

Recruiters would fill out MS Forms for onboarding tasks for New hire - this includes start date and end date of hire. 

> this has been connected to MS List for tracking purposes. 

Need: Send email reminder to Manager of New hire 1 month before end date to confirm the correct end date of hire and another email needs to be send to Hire 1 week before end date to remind in returning company assets. 

Can someone help me what template/actions to use in power automate so it'll be automatic and we dont have to do manual emails? 

Thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
sudharsan1985
Super User
Super User

Hi @nessapangs 

You have to start with 'Scheduled Flow'. Get the items from the list passing the date prior to one month and if there are items, send an email with the details to the user.

1. Get items action
  2. Condition - to check whether there are items
  3. Yes branch - Massage the data or send an individual email for each item to the respective person.
  4. No branch - No actions needed.

The above actions are the same for the second flow and only the filter has to be changed from 1 month to 1 week. 

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
nessapangs

Thanks for your solution. 

Just want to confirm though if i put the delay until - (30days before end date) it will automatically send an email even without the trigger? it will run automatically, meaning send an email as soon as 30days date is equal to the date today? 

Also - i created this flow; since i also need to send a separate email to myself for onboarding purposes, i just added a branch. but im not sure why im getting the error now of incorrect email address. 

see screenshot below: 

nessapangs_0-1618317521061.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (51,228)