Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Email Trigger based upon column date

Hi,

We have a calculated column where the Returned Date and TIme is Date and TIme,Date and Time Format is Date Only.

Now we have to trigger email as per the date available in the Calculated column.

Please share your suggestions to achieve this.

Regards,

Sudheer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Email Trigger based upon column date

Hello, @sudheermadduru!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @Anonymous‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Community Manager
Microsoft Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Are YOU a member of a Power Platform User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Are you saying that you want to generate an email that will be sent on the date in the calculated column?  If so, you can use a Recurrence action and periodically (one a day?) loop through the list looking for items that meet your requirement (where the calculated date is today?).  You can filter the items that your retrieve with an OData filter.

Once you retrieve the items you are looking for you can loop through them and send an email.

If this is what you need, please post here and I will create and post screen shots.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ sudheermadduru,

As @ScottShearer asked,do you want to check for the date in the calculated column in your sharepoint list, add if the date is equal to today's date you would like to send the email for each item?

If you want to check for the date in the calculated column in your sharepoint list, add if the date is equal to today's date you would like to send the email for each item,I have made a test on my side ,and I have created a date calculated column name "Calculated" 

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Condition as below:

@equals(startOfDay(items('Apply_to_each')?['Calculated'], 'yyyy-MM-dd'), startOfDay(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd'))

The flow would run successfully to send an email with each item which's Calculated column date is equal to today:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Let me explain in detail i.e.

In the calculated column,if the date is 2018-04-18,email needs to be triggered on 2018-04-18.

Hope I am clear.

Regards,

Sudheer

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ sudheermadduru,

Have you take a try of my solution?

I have made a test on my side, the solution that I have provided could achieve your needs.

Please take a try and let me know if your prroblem could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Here our calculated column title is Pre_x002d_Warning_x0020_Time.

After writing the below

@equals(startOfDay(items('Apply_to_each')?['Pre_x002d_Warning_x0020_Time'], 'yyyy-MM-dd'), startOfDay(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd'))

I am getting the error as 

Condition is too complex or invalid. Unable to switch to basic mode.

Regards,
Sudheer
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ sudheermadduru,

You don't need to switch the Condition to basic mode, the expression couldn't be switched the basic mode of Condition.

Just save the flow by clicking the "Update flow" or "Create flow",and then test the flow to see if the flow works.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

Even if I click on Update flow with clicking on 'Switch to Basic Mode'.

I am getting error as 'Contain Invalid parameters'

Regards,

Sudheer

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alice,

If I wanted to send an email after 21 days are pasted from a column date, what would the solution be?

Thanks so much in advanced.

Kind regards,

Marge

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could use this expression as above, except add 21 days:

@equals(startOfDay(addDays(concat(items('Apply_to_each')?['Your_column'],'Z'),'21')), startOfDay(utcNow()))

I don't specify the date format for startOfDay. I've found that if I concatenated the letter Z to the date format that Sharepoint outputs by default, things worked correctly.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had some issues with Flow expressions requiring more parentheses than I expect.

Try it this way:

@equals(startOfDay(items('Apply_to_each')?['Pre_x002d_Warning_x0020_Time'], 'yyyy-MM-dd')), startOfDay(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd'))

or this way:

@equals(startOfDay(items('Apply_to_each')?['Pre_x002d_Warning_x0020_Time'], 'yyyy-MM-dd')), startOfDay(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd')))

If neither of those works, can you post the whole error message you are getting. Sometimes it will tell you if you have too many parentheses or not enough, etc.

Ryan

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for reply. It didn't work. I'll explain what I'm looking for:

In a SharePoint list there is a date column 'Uitnodiging verstuurd' and a column 'Status proces'. I would like flow to send an e-mail to a collegue when 21 days are pasted and Status proces = 'uitnodiging verstuurd'.

Can you help me out?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This should work. If you get errors, try changing the number of parentheses. Like I said, I think there was an update that rolled out, and it seems like the number of parentheses required doesn't make sense anymore.

@and(equals(addDays(startOfDay(items('Apply_to_each')?['Pre_x002d_Warning_x0020_Time'], 'yyyy-MM-dd'),21)), startOfDay(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd'))), equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Status proces'],'uitnodiging verstuurd'))))

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @sudheermadduru!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @Anonymous‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Community Manager
Microsoft Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Are YOU a member of a Power Platform User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have a similar issue but much more simple or so I thoughts.    I have a default list that I have created that creates a record when a Microsoft Form is submitted.  When the inquiry is completed, someone populates a resolution date.  I want an email to trigger only when the list item is modified with resolution date populated and saved.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (3,757)