Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chriss1982
Level: Powered On

Email notififaction when Flow failes to run

Hi all,

I´m searching for a propper mail notification, if a flow fails (e.g. SPO column is not filled).

I found this solution, which puts the mail notificaion at the end and set it to "configure to run after" and send a notification if the flow is skipped, failed or timeout.

But this does not work as required. It will inform you, e.g if the flow failed somewhere in the middle but it will also set the flow to succeeded in the Runs history even therer were failing.  Do I have to put this notification action after every step in my Flow or is there any other solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Email notififaction when Flow failes to run

@Chriss1982 

You can move the steps into a Scope and then do the Try Catch on the scope.  Check out @PieterVeenstra 's article here.

Keep us posted!

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Chriss1982
Level: Powered On

Hey @edgonzales ,

thanks for your reply.

I´m not that familar with the Try Catch concept.  Do I have to put all my Flow steps in each of them or just the Mail notification?

Probarbly the whole steps, right?

Super User
Super User

I think you'll want them all in there because the email is really just the 'effect' if the thing bombs out.

It's new to me, as well...but it looks to be standard practice so I'm sure there are a few blogs on it.

-Ed-

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,487)