Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianallen13V2
Helper II
Helper II

Email sent with hyperlink from the file that triggered the flow

Hello everyone, 

I have a situation that I need some expertise on.  I am in the middle of creating a workflow that is triggered by a file being uploaded into a folder on SharePoint that sends two emails...

Email one: I have a standard text going out to a group and I want the email to include a hyperlink to the file that triggered the flow in the SharePoint folder.  I'd like the hyperlink to be included in the email as text 'New Statistics Report' or whatever... but is something like this possible?

Email two: includes a standard text - nothing special. 

Anyone run into anything like this at all or have any thoughts around how to do this?  

3 REPLIES 3
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@ianallen13V2 this how you can get the url of the file because of which the trigger was fired

jinivthakkar_1-1623436825738.png

I have hardcoded the site url and then I have the expression which gets me the file name, this give you URL which can be used anywhere as required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you so much for this!!  I'm testing it now and perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but the way that I am reading this and have it setup, the email I get - it is not a hyperlink.  Is there a way to have it configured as a hyperlink in the incoming email?  

I basically want the link in an email as a hyperlink for someone to click on.  

ianallen13V2
Helper II
Helper II

This is how I have it setup and I'm sure I'm missing something... 

ianallen13V2_1-1624029791538.png

ianallen13V2_2-1624029813263.png

ianallen13V2_3-1624029845639.png

And when I click on the one that does come over as a hyperlink - it really just brings me to the page in SP. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,286)