cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glo8

Email to Slack

I am able to successfully use the Email to Slack flow template, and it successfully triggers a Slack message to my desired channel.  The issue I am having is when the sender has their email default set to html. In that case what gets posted is html when when what  really want is a readable text format.  For those senders that have their email default set to text, the Slack post looks just fine. How can I convert the html format when posting to  Slack?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I imagine you have this covered now, but in case not, they added an Html to Text conversion.

Our office finally switched emails so I could work on the integration at last (been counting down the days!).

Seems to work quite well!

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 10.15.08 AM.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi glo8,

Could you please share the flow that used here?

For the template, I oculd only find the following one:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/99b8a1b6-9d53-4c3c-99ab-29c311b554b6/get...

Please help to confirm if this is the one you used, I will try to test it.

Some workarounds that you may give it a try:

For the Email sent in HTML format, add a condition to check the IS Html status, if yes, then send the email again to your own email account, then configure your email account with the following action;

For those not in HTML format, just add the Slack action.

53.PNG

Hope the information above is helpful.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You have correctly identified the flow I am using. Thank you for the suggestion of addition that condition - I am new to flow and  wasn't even aware I could do that so I learned something new. Unfortunately I can't use this solution becucase the email is coming from my Inbox and I need my inbox set to html vs text. Ideally there would be some way to convert. If not, I guess then my use case for delivering emails to a Slack channel may not be possbile to solve.

v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @glo8,

Thanks for the update.

For convert, there should be a way, which might not be so simple.

After the first action (When new email arrives), add a compose action, add the Email body as the Compose Input, after that, using the string functions mentioned in the article below to convert the Compose outputs in another Compose Action:

Workflow Definition Language

Remove the HTML tag, only leave the plain text.

See if this thread would help:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Tips-convert-from-Twitter-s-quot-Created-At-quot-stri...

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I imagine you have this covered now, but in case not, they added an Html to Text conversion.

Our office finally switched emails so I could work on the integration at last (been counting down the days!).

Seems to work quite well!

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 10.15.08 AM.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (8,783)