cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnV
Level: Power Up

Email trigger flow stuck in infinite loop?

Hi all,

I've created a flow that uses the 'When an email is flagged' trigger in O365 Outlook to forward the email to the mailbox for my task manager, which doesn't have an API connection to Flow.  The flow runs, detects the flagged message, and then starts quickly sending multiple copies of the message to the forward address until I turn off the Flow.  I was expecting the behavior of this trigger to detect a change in the flag status, and to act on it once, not to keep re-scanning the mailbox and reprocessing each flagged item each time.  I've looked through the available logic for each of these steps and can't seem to find anything to control how it works.  

Any ideas on how to make this run once when an email is flagged would be greatly appreciated.  This looks like it should be dead simple, but I can't find any documentation on how to control the execution.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Email trigger flow stuck in infinite loop?

I see the same issue! I understand the reason behind the multiple forwarding. When you are using forwarding, you are using the message ID to identify the email to forward. This includes a conversation ID. The effect is that the sent email is added to the conversation, thus apparently triggering a new event that the flagging trigger grabs again 🙂

Use send email instead of forwarding it! Hope this helps you on the way! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I see the same issue! I understand the reason behind the multiple forwarding. When you are using forwarding, you are using the message ID to identify the email to forward. This includes a conversation ID. The effect is that the sent email is added to the conversation, thus apparently triggering a new event that the flagging trigger grabs again 🙂

Use send email instead of forwarding it! Hope this helps you on the way! 

View solution in original post

JohnV
Level: Power Up

Awesome.  That worked perfectly.  Thanks so much!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 179 members 6,488 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: