cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Email with Options - Outlook Message Appearance

Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to improve the appearance of the email message generated by the Email with Options action. 

My company is on Office 365, but with all the desktop apps for editing, including Outlook. This is what the output from Email with Options looks like:

EmailWithOptionsMsg.jpg

Why do the buttons appear twice, with the Body in the middle? It looks confusing to my users. How do I prevent that?

Thanks for your help.

-Boonie

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

First, insure that you are using the Send an email V2 action, and then click the Code View button to enable the HTML code view. From this view, you can format and customize the email however you'd like with HTML. SendEmailV2CodeView.png

Example of a formatted email body:EmailFormattedBody.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Thanks, but you misunderstand the question: the action is actually "Send email with options." I am familiar with the email action you mention and use it frequently; but this action is different in that it can substitute for an Approval action by allowing you to specify values that will be formatted into buttons and whose selection will be returned by the workflow action so I can take further action. (But it can't necessarily take HTML as my input.)

Nonetheless, the link you sent DID provide a clue at the very top, in the fourth paragraph under "Known Issues and Limitations." It seems that Outlook can't handle the formatting for "Actionable messaging", so if I set the "Use only HTML message" option to "Yes," I only see the HTML version.

EmailWithOptionsMsg.png

Highlighted

@mboonie wrote:

Nonetheless, the link you sent DID provide a clue at the very top, in the fourth paragraph under "Known Issues and Limitations." It seems that Outlook can't handle the formatting for "Actionable messaging", so if I set the "Use only HTML message" option to "Yes," I only see the HTML version.

Sorry I misread.

Yes, you are correct - the actionable messaging isn't editable. But you can basically create your own custom actionable emails with a little finessing. That's what we do. In all of our approval flows, we use the approval actions only within conditions, all of our approval emails are generated and customized for that approval flow's specific usage.

Highlighted

Ooooohhhhhh? My curiosity is piqued! I must learn more!
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hello @mboonie,

Could you please show me the screenshot of your flow, because I suspect that your problem is not caused by action Email with Options.

The result what my flow run is right , and this is my screenshot of outlook. There's no scene like the one you're showing:

Annotation 2019-05-14 101243.png

What's vision of your Outlook? My version is 2016 and 64-bit.

Annotation 2019-05-14 102302.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

My company is using Office 365 Pro Plus (with the complimentary Office 2016 on the Desktop, albeit 32 bit.)

Outlook Version.png

The Email with options that I set up to provide an example was literally the simplest implementation of it; the screen capture is of the actual email I received:

email with Options.png

I even checked Outlook 365 online, and it appears the same there, too:

Outlook Online.png

Only when I set the option to "Yes" does the problem go away, i.e. it only shows an HTML rendition.

Highlighted

Hey, Brad. Is there something or someone your could point me towards so that I can learn more about making my own actionable messages? Specifically, if I were able to add a "Comment" text field, that would be excellent ("HTML-only" or not!)

Thanks so much in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (14,500)