Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email with options - Comment section

Hi Guys,

Flow approvals was being really buggy and not sending approval requests to manager emails so I decided to use a work around: email with options, however this negates the ability for the manager to leave comments for a vacation/sick leave request for example. 

My question is if there is any substitute for this so the manager can still input comments for the request without manually emailing thus reducing admin time etc.

Thanks,

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Email with options - Comment section

@Anonymous:

There is no way to alter the behavior ot the Send Email with Options action - sorry. 

If you are using SharePoint, you might consider custom SharePoint list for this purpose with a Flow(s) that send an email to the manager with a link to the list item, etc..  The SharePoint list can include a multiline text box for comments.

However, I wouldn't give up on Flow approvals so quickly - I have had very little issues with them.  My best suggestion would be to re-try using Flow Approvals and post any issues that you have in this forum.

If this answers your question, please mark your post as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott, 

I have tried for weeks, with help of Msoft engineers and nothing seems to work!

Yes this makes sense, thanks for your help!

Alex

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

How would you refer that approval flow do not send approval requests to manager emails?

My approval flow always works well on my side.

As @ScottShearer's said, I would also suggest you using the Flow Approval to achieve the requirement.

You could provide more details about your problem if the approval flow wouldn't works well on your side.

Best regards,

Alice

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alice,

I have tried to resolve this problem on a number of occasions with Microsoft's help and haven't been able to.

I am using get manager v2 to find a users manager after they create an item on a sharepoint list, but although the flow can find my manager without error, the approval email never comes through. We have checked in junk folders etc and it is not there, so I have decided to find another way around the problem.

Best,

Alex

soylaunica
Level: Powered On

I'm also using Email with options because my experience with Approvals is that it doesn't seem to work outside of my organization and we need customers to approve. I get a 404 disconnect error, I'm not sure if there is a solution for that that I may be missing. I'm open to any and all suggestions!

chhowa
Level: Powered On

@ScottShearer wrote:

@Anonymous:

There is no way to alter the behavior ot the Send Email with Options action - sorry. 

If you are using SharePoint, you might consider custom SharePoint list for this purpose with a Flow(s) that send an email to the manager with a link to the list item, etc..  The SharePoint list can include a multiline text box for comments.

However, I wouldn't give up on Flow approvals so quickly - I have had very little issues with them.  My best suggestion would be to re-try using Flow Approvals and post any issues that you have in this forum.

If this answers your question, please mark your post as Solved.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Flow Approvals would be great if it passed attachments.  That doesn't seem to be supported yet though (correct)?  Is this coming some time soon?

I too had to fall back to Send Email with Options because for an approval workflow, supporting documentation esp templates are crucial to the approval.  Without the attachment the approver is likely going to have to go to the item in SP to approve, rendering the awesome Approval connector intent obsolete.

Send Email with Options conversely allows attachments to pass but not comments.  For Approve this is probably fine, but for Reject or "More Info Needed" etc. comments on why again is pretty crucial.  Otherwise the submitter is blind as to why their request was Rejected / deflected.

Realized I hopped on a soapbox here but I hope my point makes sense.  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 92 members 5,034 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: