cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkonitzer
Level: Powered On

Enter a valid email error

Whenever I add an email from the directory to a flow, it automatically adds a semicolon after the email name. It then generates an error "Enter a valid email" until I remove that semicolon.  Why does it automatically add the semicolon? And why can't Flow ignore what it puts in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Enter a valid email error

You can safely ignore that error message.  The flow will still run without removing the ending semicolon. The assumption is that you will add more than one email so the UI has been set to automatically add the semicolon for you.  But that also generates the error message.  It disturbing, but it doesn't really block anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You can safely ignore that error message.  The flow will still run without removing the ending semicolon. The assumption is that you will add more than one email so the UI has been set to automatically add the semicolon for you.  But that also generates the error message.  It disturbing, but it doesn't really block anything.

View solution in original post

srodriguez

I am getting a similar behavior trying to set a Send Email To field in the Send an Email (V2) configuration.

I can't get the Flow to save as the Flow Checker catch that valid user as an "Invalid" email and just says "Enter a valid email."

How do I fix this so my users from O365 get validated correctly?

Please note that I am not using a semicolon after the email.

Email validation error in Flow.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

First, this is not the same issue that was the basis for this question.  You would be better served adding a new question instead of trying to add to an existing one.  Not sure why you are getting an invalid email.  I just tried it and it works fine with a fictitious @hotmail.com address.

Highlighted
srodriguez

Hi @Pstork1 I understand the description of my issue is not an exact replica of the scenario described by the initial question; however, the underlaying issue is the same "Enter a valid email error".

The issue seems to be happening when you get an invalid email added to the email text field or by just typing a valid user; which gets validated through your O365 accounts and then that "semicolon" gets added to it and the "Enter a valid email" error appears below. Then, if you remove the semicolon immediately the error goes away but if not the error sticks and the Flow never gets to a Valid state so it won't save. And some times; just like it happened to me, the error won't go away even after removing all the values and just adding one valid email and yet the error will still show-up, thus the Flow won't be able to Validate itself and can't be saved on that state.

My solution for those dealing with my similar issue, was to close the browser session (yes, I lost all my changes made since last time I saved it and the time the error showed up), then re-open a new browser session and open the Flow to edit it, once the Flow is in Edit mode, add the email to the email text box and remove the semicolon, the error "Enter a valid email" should disappear, then save the flow.

There seems to be a bug which Microsoft should test for outside of the happy path so they see the defect on the logic here.

Happy Flowing!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

But the underlying issue is not the same.  It is the same error, but in the case of the original poster its because Flow automatically adds a semicolon after emails so you can add multiples.  That causes a false positive error.  In your case its not the syntax.  It doesn't like something about the email address you are using.  I'm not sure why, but its not the same issue.

srodriguez

Certainly, you are right, it is the same error.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,716)