cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinridgesa
Regular Visitor

Entering data into last row in table (Excel Update Row)

updatinHi there.

I have a flow that enters data into an excel table.

I have actions to insert data into a new row, but now I need to be able to add data into the last row.

I have tried using the 'List rows present in a table' operation, but am unsure how the 'Key Value' field in the UPDATE ROW works.

I have tried last(body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['body/value']) but this doesn't seem to work.

Hope you can help

2 REPLIES 2
Gopala_Krishna
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@justinridgesa 

The excel "Update a row" action asks for a Key Column, Key Value to be defined for the update to happen.

The Key Column is the name of the column on which you want the update to happen and the Key Value is the value that is residing in the column.

Suppose I have a column called "Column1"

{"@odata.etag":"","ItemInternalId":"fe121f9b-f31f-4b9d-9b3a-cef989859836","Column1":"3"}

If I want to update the last value present in the column "Column1" then in the keyvalue I have to provide the below expression

last(body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['body/value'])['Column1']

This will help the system understand the current value and will update it with the new value that will be shared

If the information shared helps you please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

Please follow my website PowerCards for more information related to Power Platform
justinridgesa
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help

That didn't seem to work.

I changed one of the column headings to 'Column1' and pasted the expression into the field as shown below.
Please see the errors.

The excel table:

justinridgesa_0-1641457568637.png

My flow

1.png

 The error result

2.png

 The output in 'List rows present in table'

3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,169)