cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 404 File/folder not found

I am trying to create an approval workflow , which gets triggered when a file is created in a sharepoint folder. So in the approval mail  , I have inluded the file path ( as a dynamic content) in the the "Item Link" field. However , when I get the email , and click on the file path link , I get the error : 

Error 404 : File/folder does not exist

But the folder and the file exisits in my sharepoint site .. 

Can you please help 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @SharmilaH,

The file path and the item link are two distinctly different things.

Unfortunately the data in the trigger "When a file is created in a folder" doesn't include the item link so we have to get it from the file properties as below:

Firstly there's the trigger itself, then we get the file metadata using the File identifier from the trigger and the get the file properties from the meta data:

ItemLinkGet.png

We can then use the "Link to item" dynamic data from the get file properties in the approval:

ItemLinkApproval.png

Hope this helps!

Full flow in spoiler:

Spoiler
ItemLinkFullFlow.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @SharmilaH,

The file path and the item link are two distinctly different things.

Unfortunately the data in the trigger "When a file is created in a folder" doesn't include the item link so we have to get it from the file properties as below:

Firstly there's the trigger itself, then we get the file metadata using the File identifier from the trigger and the get the file properties from the meta data:

ItemLinkGet.png

We can then use the "Link to item" dynamic data from the get file properties in the approval:

ItemLinkApproval.png

Hope this helps!

Full flow in spoiler:

Spoiler
ItemLinkFullFlow.png

View solution in original post

Thank you very much . This helped and it works .

Thanks once again 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (76,183)