cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jranda
Regular Visitor

Error Approving Flows: Something went wrong, Approval not accessible

A member of our team is notified that they need to approve a flow via email. They open the flow and get the message: "Something went wrong. The requested approval is not accessible to the caller." They had access to flows previously, and I was not able to find any settings that have been changed. Any ideas?

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jranda
Regular Visitor

Figured out the what was causing the issue for our user. The user had a duplicate enterprise microsoft account, so both were being sent the email notification about the approvals, but only the duplicate account was being given access to them. Removing the duplicate account fixed the issue.

If we had had two users with the same name & neither can be deleted, another solution would've been to change how the approvals are routed (ie. by email instead of name.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jranda
Regular Visitor

As an update, we have confirmed that our user can view all approvals sent up until February but anything sent since then doesn't show up for them.

jranda
Regular Visitor

Figured out the what was causing the issue for our user. The user had a duplicate enterprise microsoft account, so both were being sent the email notification about the approvals, but only the duplicate account was being given access to them. Removing the duplicate account fixed the issue.

If we had had two users with the same name & neither can be deleted, another solution would've been to change how the approvals are routed (ie. by email instead of name.)

Rockyluise
Frequent Visitor

@jranda @How you removed the duplicate account, i am facing the same issue

@Rockyluise Hi, if you are also having a duplicate account error, which is one possible cause for this issue, then an admin that has access to Microsoft Accounts via MS 365 admin center or MS Endpoint can delete the duplicate. However, if two accounts are being returned by the flow logic that are NOT duplicates and neither can be deleted, such as two users having the same name and a name lookup is being used, you will need to change the flow logic to use a different lookup, such as email address. (I don't know much about flow logic yet & don't really know how to do that).

There could also be other causes for this error, I don't have a way to verify that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,214)