Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Error in flow while using addDays function

Hi,

Am facing below error while running below flow but it worked previously

GAbraham_0-1611300389314.png

function used is 

if(empty(item()?['Credit Date']),null,addDays('1899-12-30',int(item()?['Credit Date']),'yyyy-MM-dd'))

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@GAbraham 

There was an issue that happened around the excel connector that caused the issue where the date time formats coming from the excel were not proper and users experienced issues around the same.

It has also been updated on the power automate support site

Support (microsoft.com)

This has been recovered now, I Suggest you to re-try running the flow and check if that helps, if not then I suggest you to re-configure your expression again.

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

I am actually experiencing the same issue as @GAbraham .  I too experienced this back and forth change in the Excel Connector that caused all my flows that depend on a date to break.

I believe the latest rollback/change on Jan 21, 2021, is breaking something else.  In the past, I also relied on addDays() to convert Excel date serial number to human date.  But since the Jan 21 rollback, the addDays() keeps returning this error message:

The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid

As part of the troubleshooting, here is something I am observing.

I am using Flow's built-in action Initialize Variable and Compose (part of Data Operation) to examine the same variable retrieved from Excel. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 7.54.00 PM.png

And here is the result:

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 7.54.26 PM.png

Notice that the results are different!!  I am only able to see the content through Compose!

Something is still wrong.

Please fix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (72,533)