cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error on running SQL Stored Procedure from ms flow

I am using a flow to run an SQL stored procedure.

As a bit of background, the SQL server holding the stored procedure is a connection on the On Premise Data Gateway we have running. 

When testing i had the SP run a SQL Server Agent job this was all good.

Now i have it assigned to a flow running another SP that requires an input parameter, but whenever i test this i get this error.

On testing this parameter is hard coded but the error suggests it can't even find the SP.

Which looks to be saying that MS Flow can't find the SP which is hard to believe as it is selected from the connection list.

Any ideas?

Error message :
  "status"400,
  "message""Invalid Mashup Expression using supplied values.\r\n     inner exception: The specified item '[dbo].[SP_PartnerDataLoadRetrieveFile]' is not found.\r\nclientRequestId: 3b1974b3-edd2-4fcf-8292-d6cf07e92397",
  "source""sqlconnectionprovider-westeurope.am2-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net"

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error on running SQL Stored Procedure from ms flow

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

The error message told that the SQL Stored Procudure that you specified could not be found within your SQL database. I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:18.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:19.JPG

Please check if the SQL Stored Procedure that you specified is existed in your SQL database. In addition, please check if the connection to the SQL Server connector is invalid, if yes, please update the connection to the SQL Server connector and then try your flow again.

You could also consider take a try to re-create a new connection to the SQL Server connector within your flow and then try your flow again to check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, i have the flow working now. When was running as test from the Ms Flow front end it was defaulting to a different connection. No idea why but there is a little drop down and finally found that for this issue.

I now seem to be stuck at another point. I have an SSIS package that i essentially want to run from a button in powerapps.

The flow runs correctly from the button or on test from Ms Flow management area.

However the SSIS package returns as if it is reading this package being used not from where i assumed it would do (run as me.)

Screen1.PNG

Screen2.PNG

I am assuming this is some disconnect from the flow calling the stored procedure on the SQL server.

Whatever user is defined by default doesn't have access to run the SSIS package.

Is there anyway to set this to resolve the job running as normal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, i have the flow working now. When was running as test from the Ms Flow front end it was defaulting to a different connection. No idea why but there is a little drop down and finally found that for this issue.

I now seem to be stuck at another point. I have an SSIS package that i essentially want to run from a button in powerapps.

The flow runs correctly from the button or on test from Ms Flow management area.

However the SSIS package returns as if it is reading this package being used not from where i assumed it would do (run as me.)

Screen1.PNG

Screen2.PNG

I am assuming this is some disconnect from the flow calling the stored procedure on the SQL server.

Whatever user is defined by default doesn't have access to run the SSIS package.

Is there anyway to set this to resolve the job running as normal?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,983)