I have an Approval Flow with an issue. When the approver receives the email notification of the Approval Request, when they try to approve the request from within the email in Outlook or Outlook Mobile on iOS, they get a message that says "An error occurred. Try again later." This is on a Flow that has been working flawlessly prior to this week.
If they go into Flow and approve the request there, it works. The error message doesn't really give much to go on, and there are no errors logged on the Flow side of things. Does anyone have any ideas on where to start with this?
That's the fix, thanks @koechsle .
This post should be re-marked as koechsle's answer to be the correct solution. The previous solution was improperly marked as it did not solve the issue.
We started having this same problem this week, but with Outlook version 1909 Build 12026.20264. It's even affecting our Outlook on the Web users. Anyone else experiencing the same?
If your end users are experiencing issues in Outlook Desktop App and Webmail, what about approving through Flow Approval center? I have Version 1908 (Build 11929.20300 Click-to-Run) and have had no further problems with approval flows.
I have the same issue described here where I just created a simple Approval Flow for new items added to a SharePoint List and when I try to approve or reject it through Outlook or OWA by clicking on the Approve or Reject buttons, the only thing I see is a message that reads "An error occurred. Please try again later" as shonw in the screenshot below.
My version of Outlook is 1908 (Build 11929.20300)
Approving or Rejecting the flow using Flow Approvals inside of O365 does work.
I already saw this is a common issue with lower version of Outlook but not with this one, any help would be appreciated.
@Anonymous Thanks for sharing. This issue started happening again -- I have a user that has had Approvals working fine for months -- now as of this morning that user is seeing the same "An error occured. Please try again later." error.
What's odd here is that the same error also occurs on the Outlook web version (this used to be the temporary fix when Outlook desktop version was once gaving this error [pre-patch]).
Investigating further what is specific to this user to root cause and will let this thread know what I find...
I have a large change approval project I'm about to finish and this issue started happening last night. This is making our new system inoperable. This really needs to be fixed!
I'm getting this error on the Outlook Client, web and iOS. Android seems to be fine, unfortunately all our users are using iPhones. Using the Flow app is not an optimal solution as it's something else they have to download and be trained.
Current workaround I have implemented for my users is to navigate directly to Microsoft Flow / Approvals site and approve from there. It still works there.
No clue how long it will take this issue to get resolved, so that's the safest bet IMO if you have live systems affected.
Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.
Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.
At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.
If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.