cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koechsle
Level: Powered On

Re: Error responding to Flow Approval in Outlook

After i updated Outlook to Version 1907 (11901.20176) the issue was fixed and I was able to approve/reject from within Outlook again. 

LukeC

That's the fix, thanks @koechsle .

This post should be re-marked as koechsle's answer to be the correct solution. The previous solution was improperly marked as it did not solve the issue. 

anfield
Level: Power Up

Likewise here, updating to Outlook version 1907 has fixed the issue. Thanks @koechsle 

mthompson

Thanks! Approval issue has been resolved with our latest update.

juansueiro

We started having this same problem this week, but with Outlook version 1909 Build 12026.20264. It's even affecting our Outlook on the Web users. Anyone else experiencing the same?

mthompson

Good morning,

If your end users are experiencing issues in Outlook Desktop App and Webmail, what about approving through Flow Approval center?  I have Version 1908 (Build 11929.20300 Click-to-Run) and have had no further problems with approval flows.

Thanks,

Michelle Thompson

srodriguez

Hello all,

I have the same issue described here where I just created a simple Approval Flow for new items added to a SharePoint List and when I try to approve or reject it through Outlook or OWA by clicking on the Approve or Reject buttons, the only thing I see is a message that reads "An error occurred. Please try again later" as shonw in the screenshot below.

My version of Outlook is 1908 (Build 11929.20300)

Approving or Rejecting the flow using Flow Approvals inside of O365 does work.

I already saw this is a common issue with lower version of Outlook but not with this one, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Salvador Rodriguez.

Flow Aproval or Reject error in Outlook and OWA.png

LukeC

@srodriguez Thanks for sharing. This issue started happening again -- I have a user that has had Approvals working fine for months -- now as of this morning that user is seeing the same "An error occured. Please try again later." error.

What's odd here is that the same error also occurs on the Outlook web version (this used to be the temporary fix when Outlook desktop version was once gaving this error [pre-patch]).

Investigating further what is specific to this user to root cause and will let this thread know what I find...

edbellman

I'm getting the same error running 1908 (Build 11929.20254)

LukeC

It's not user-specific like I had thought -- Approvals is returning the error on all systems and all users today.

tsapat

Not again...come on MS, this is getting frustrating. There are business processes depending on these approvals and since the issue arose back in June, we are daily monitoring for disruptions and each time explaining to users what’s wrong. Please fix this.
vinnyng

We are having the same issue today all of sudden. Both Office Outlook version 1908 and 1909 doesn't work.

Ungere

Same here again. Smiley Mad

Nicolas_Villalo

same here
Version 1909 (Build 12026.20320)

radekla

Every second version problem... its business critical service. Where is the problem??? Its really BAD joke!!
Jonnymh1

I have a large change approval project I'm about to finish and this issue started happening last night. This is making our new system inoperable. This really needs to be fixed!

Highlighted
MWISE

I'm getting this error on the Outlook Client, web and iOS. Android seems to be fine, unfortunately all our users are using iPhones. Using the Flow app is not an optimal solution as it's something else they have to download and be trained.

My Build

Outlook.png

Ungere

So it's not working in the browser either?  

Jonnymh1

No, it does not work in the browser version of Outlook either.

LukeC

Current workaround I have implemented for my users is to navigate directly to Microsoft Flow / Approvals site and approve from there. It still works there.

No clue how long it will take this issue to get resolved, so that's the safest bet IMO if you have live systems affected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,246)