cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrussell5646

Error with switching Flow to post a message in Teams from a User to Flow Bot

Hi, I have this flow that has been working for my team to post a message in one of our Teams channels periodically. I wanted to switch this to using the Flow Bot instead of my account. It is giving me the following error:

"error": {
"code": "InstallFlowTeamsAppRequestFailed",
"message": "Failed to install the Power Automate app in Microsoft Teams for team with ID '62763827-b024-4167-b944-bb92d7dd669a'. Please try adding the Power Automate app to this team directly from the Microsoft Teams client. Error details: '{\"error\":{\"code\":\"Forbidden\",\"message\":\"User doesn't have permission to Install App\",\"innerError\":{\"message\":\"User doesn't have permission to Install App\",\"code\":\"AccessDenied\",\"innerError\":{},\"date\":\"2022-08-26T16:23:17\",\"request-id\":\"060e7090-3c10-457c-82f4-9b8f105dea3f\",\"client-request-id\":\"5888fe0a-2b97-4143-97f2-f7c0cc85de96\"}}}'"

I'm not sure why this error is happening. All that I did was change the [Post as] section of the 'Post message in a chat or channel' card to Flow Bot from User. I searched online and found others posting similar issues, but could not find any answers.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
kcole
Regular Visitor

Maybe you need to add the power automate app to the team? I'm running into this also.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (16,160)