cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Field
Level 8

Etag error

Hello there,

I want to create a Approval flow on one of my document librarys.

This document library is Pages.

I Have the following flow:

InkedScreenshot_2019-05-31 Edit your flow Microsoft Flow_LI.jpg

But when i approve things, the last part (Set content Approval Status), gives me an error:

{"Etag":"\"{79295482-226E-4D1C-9385-91F8D42EACD1},4\"","Message":"The ETag of this item does not match the one used for setting content approval status. The contents of the item may have changed before the action was completed.","Succeeded":false,"ApprovalErrorCode":"etagMismatch","ApprovalLink":"https://uipp.sharepoint.com/sites/(LINK)?etag=%22%7b79295482-226E-4D1C-9385-91F8D42EACD1%7d%2c4%22"}
clientRequestId: 6183166c-bca2-4673-8db4-4546d89a66be
serviceRequestId: 73fbe19e-70bd-0000-b1f9-1bec85e7a105

What am i doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Field
Level 8

Re: Etag error

Hey guys,

The issue has been fixed.

If i go to sharepoint and say that the only people that can see draft items are Approvers, it will bug and will the flow to give the following error.

I have tested and i can confirm this on my part.

This is a weird interaction because i am the owner of the site.

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

Hi @Field , where I have similar flows after the condition, in both the If yes and If no channels I use Send an Email (v2) to inform the creator of the approval decision, then use a SharePoint Update item to save the approval decision, approval date and approver to the item in SharePoint.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Field , That seems to be because you are missing the ETAG in the Set Approval Status. Please see the screenshot below and replicate. It should work then. 

etag.png

Hope This Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Field
Level 8

InkedScreenshot_2019-05-31 Edit your flow Microsoft Flow_LI.jpg

Hey there,

As you can see, i had the ETag on. It still shows me the error

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Field , Can you recreate a part of the flow (in the approvals, delete the set content approval status action and create that again with the same inputs.) Run and share the output if there is an error?

Are there any more actions in your flow otherthan what you have posted? Just want to check that we are getting the right ETag and the itemID. 

Thanks. 

Field
Level 8

Hello there,

I recreated the flow, and it still gives me the error. The pages are not changed during the approval process.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If it is not too much, can you please post screenshots of the entire flow? Just for a quick check of why is that happening. 

Also, ensure that those files are not open in any tabs too. 

Thanks, 

Field
Level 8

Hey there,

The entire flow is this

part 1.jpg1ºst partpart 2.jpg2ºnd part

The error shows me this:

p3.jpg

Field
Level 8

Hey guys,

The issue has been fixed.

If i go to sharepoint and say that the only people that can see draft items are Approvers, it will bug and will the flow to give the following error.

I have tested and i can confirm this on my part.

This is a weird interaction because i am the owner of the site.

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

NetworkAdmin
Level: Powered On

Hi @Field ,

I am having the same issue. 

Was your resolution to change your site settings so all users can see pending documents?

Just looking for clarity 🙂

Highlighted
Field
Level 8

Hey @NetworkAdmin ,

Whenever you want an approval flow on a document library, you need to go to the document library settings, and allow approvals (in the versioning settings).
Mine is like this:

image.png

I hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,495)