cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dziraba
Frequent Visitor

Exact, Modify and calculate excel data with Power Automate

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a flow that extracts an Excel email attachment, then create a SharePoint list from the Excel data, modify and correctly format the date in the SharePoint column (from '30-03-20 9:27' to Monday 30 March 2020) and finally create a new list with total row count of column 1 values.

Thanks

@v-xida-msftCan you please help me out with this?

2 REPLIES 2
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi,

It is 100% possible as long as your excel data is formatted properly with a table because flow can understand the data in excel only if it is in the form of a table.

Formating / Creating a Table within Excel:

1. Open the Excel spreadsheet.
  2. Use your mouse to select the cells that contain the information for the table. 
  3. Click the "Insert" tab > Locate the "Tables" group.
  4. Click "Table". A "Create Table" dialog box will open. 
  5. If you have column headings, check the box "My table has headers".
  6. Verify that the range is correct > Click [OK].
  7. Resize your columns to make the headings visible.

See this article explains how to "Use Flow To Organize and Process Email Attachments.

If this helps give me a thumbs-up 🙂 enjoy power platform and it's capabilities.

Regards,

Krishna.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Dziraba
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I will try that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,624)