Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mahipundir
Helper I
Helper I

Excel Comparsion between 2 or more files Flow

Hi All, 

I 'm newb with flow but seems amazing, I have a task to compare 2 excel sheets A & B and create a new excel sheet with out put. 

-Excel sheet A, will get downloaded everyday. (I would like to delete few Rows before comparing to excel B) 

-after deleting the row in excel sheet I would like it to start comparison. 

-I would like to have like for example (Excel A) Row B if it matches (Excel B) Row B then copy from (Excel B) ROW B and C to new excel sheet. 

I hope it's clear what I would like to achieve, any suggestion would be appericated. 

please ask me if something is not clear. 

Many Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Mahipundir 

You can make use of arrays for this particular scenario. The process flow can be something like, 

1. Trigger the flow, 

2. Initialize an array variable

3. Get rows from sheet A

4. Apply to each on rows from sheet A 

5. in the apply to each, append to array variable and select the current item to append the entire row

6. in the apply to each, delete the row and provide the identifier to delete that particular row

7. Out of the apply to each loop, get rows from sheet B

6. Apply to each row on sheet B

7. in the second apply to each, condtion action to check if the array contains the current item

8. If yes, add a row to the table in sheet C and if no, do nothing. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,091)