cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Email Flow

I'm trying to set up a Flow that notifies people when they are late performing an action. The report is generated by SRSS. The way I set it up is that SRSS emails me an Excel attachment. The Flow would place the attachment in OneDrive, create a table in the Excel file, read the data, and send out emails per row. There could be up to 500 rows in the Excel file.

I can do each of the steps...but combining them has been a problem. I have found that when I change the file I somehow "break" the connection to the Excel file. For example, when I overwrite the file when a new email arrives, it doesn't recognize the new file. The same thing happens when I create the table, the email action doesn't recognize the new file and thinks there is still the old file with the table.

Is there another way to do this? I can pull the file from SRSS in any number of formats.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

You're likely experiencing Excel file lockout issues, which are 12 minutes in length on OneDrive. File lockouts are the main reason most Flow experts don't recommend Excel if at all possible. The Excel connectors have many Known issues and limitations. I'd recommend moving this workload to a SharePoint List if possible.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

You're likely experiencing Excel file lockout issues, which are 12 minutes in length on OneDrive. File lockouts are the main reason most Flow experts don't recommend Excel if at all possible. The Excel connectors have many Known issues and limitations. I'd recommend moving this workload to a SharePoint List if possible.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

Yes, I think that is the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (4,993)