cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Excel Functions & Formula ...... converting to Expressions

Hello Community,

I get a .txt file dumped from an old legacy system report. Some of the lines of text translate into a "booking" records for an event. I want to load these to a SharePoint list, however, I have to do conversions to extract and format the field(column) data.

Additionally, there are a number of header rows in the file that I need to store data from to apply to the rows of "booking" data following the headers.

INPUT

Column A( a string of text)

Category Label 1

Location Name Label 2

abcdefg row 1

abcd fgh row2

translation via formula gives me column in excel

OUTPUT

A       B       C       D       E     F

Label1  Label2  Row     1    cde

Label1  Label2  Row     2    cd

The output is then imported row by row using Create Item mapping columns to list fields.

This is a simplification as I have some complex MID LEFT, IFs, ISERR  and cross-dependencies on function results in other columns.

I loved to be able to do the data manipulation as Expressions and use Get Rows(excel) to read through the .txt file followed by Create Item(SharePoint) to write records to a list. 

I know I'd probably need to use variables to store the Header data for use on each Booking level item but the conversion of the formula is my main challenge.

Is there a guide to converting Excel Formula into Expressions that I can refer to? Or can Excel functions be imported in some way?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Excel Functions & Formula ...... converting to Expressions

wrong post.

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,148)