cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgwilson

Excel Get Rows and No Dynamic Content

I'm sort of new to Flow and I'm struggling with getting the Excel Dynamic Content from Get Rows. As a Neeewb... I don't know where to turn. Short story... I'm trying to read an excel spreadsheet (table) and update some attributes in a sharepint list).

The screenshot attached shows that I cannot see the columns in my excel table:Flow Excel Dynamic Content.png

When I can get the row/column values from the excel file... I then need to use one of those row/column values to look up a specific row in the sharepoint list...  What's displayed in the screen snapshot is eq currentitem... HOP Number is invalid and simply a reminder to me that it needs to be fixed.

I do not understand why 'current item' is not showing me the column headers from the table in the excel file.

- David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@v-zhos-msft 

I ended up copying the table in the spreadsheet to a new Spareadsheet with only a single tab. In addition I also removed all spaces in the column headers. Redid the getrows in the flow and it worked.

I don't know what was messed up. The original getrows could definately see the table that was defined. Some diagnostics at this point would be nice to truely confirm what is available at this point.... it is like flying blind otherwise.

Thank you for the recommendation.

- David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @dgwilson ,

I have made test on side, it don't have the issue you mentioned.

Please take a reference to the flow I made below:

Capture6.PNG

I suggest you rebuild the flow for a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-zhos-msft 

I ended up copying the table in the spreadsheet to a new Spareadsheet with only a single tab. In addition I also removed all spaces in the column headers. Redid the getrows in the flow and it worked.

I don't know what was messed up. The original getrows could definately see the table that was defined. Some diagnostics at this point would be nice to truely confirm what is available at this point.... it is like flying blind otherwise.

Thank you for the recommendation.

- David

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @dgwilson@v-zhos-msft

This same thing is happening to me, I realy don't know what to do by now.

Doing this flow that when a new file is added to a sharepoint folder, it should take the excel file, convert it to table, then list rows and theeen I should be able to populate a sharepoint list with this values I get from each rows of the recently created excel table.

This is my flow by now

image.png

Buut that is not happening, no outputs for this 'List rows present in table', even though in the outputs of the test the action does detect and list all the rows of the excel table. Very weird, i don't no what to do. 

Best regards, 

Luis G

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-zhos-msft  & @dgwilson ,

This same error is happening to me. Building the following flow where when a sharepoint file is created, an excel table is created in the file, then this table should be listed. This works perfectly when testing the flow but the dynamic content of the list rows action is not appearing in further actions. 

This is my actual flow: 

image.png

As I just said, the dynamic content of list Rows present in a table doesn't appear. I want this for populating a sharepoint list with this data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,189)