cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Excel Online (Business) Actions not working

Hi.

Earlier today, my Excel Online actions were working. At some point this morning, the flows stopped working and the error message on the Excel Action says:

"This operation is not permitted for the current object.
clientRequestId: 3ca1548e-59dd-4bd3-9054-d94d8434b3c5
serviceRequestId: 0b102ce5-0f01-4c0e-8e74-db6e24cbeb41;c3d15215-08c9-4a6a-a300-ab0920979249"

When I try to edit the flow, the page ends up freezing if I try to open up the Excel Action to see its details. I find that if I delete the Excel Action, the edit page stops freezing. But if I re-add an Excel Action (such as "Add a row into a table") and click through to specify the table, the edit page freezes and the action won't list out the columns found in the table. Where is this issue coming from? Please help. Thank you.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @jlem 

This could be a caching issue. Can you please try clearing cache (save the flow, logout of the current session and start a fresh one) and maybe a different browser too just to check if it is just a caching issue? 

Can you also try creating a new flow from scratch and try adding the add a row action to it and see if it behaves the same way?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jlem ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi,

The solution was to re-create the excel file. The excel file was corrupted and so connecting to the file caused the flow builder to crash.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @jlem 

This could be a caching issue. Can you please try clearing cache (save the flow, logout of the current session and start a fresh one) and maybe a different browser too just to check if it is just a caching issue? 

Can you also try creating a new flow from scratch and try adding the add a row action to it and see if it behaves the same way?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jlem ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jlem 

@yashag2255  has a point.

I get these issues all the time and excel is particularity finicky.

I know this sucks but try to re-add the excel step and see if this can help you re-setting the excel connection and solve this issue.

This has helped me a lot of time when excel just doesn't want to collaborate.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Highlighted

Hi,

The solution was to re-create the excel file. The excel file was corrupted and so connecting to the file caused the flow builder to crash.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (8,777)