cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewLloyd
Frequent Visitor

Excel Run Script - 502 Bad Gateway

Have a flow which sends an array of objects to be sorted by their date using an office script. Was working fine for months until two hours ago started recieving the below errors. We haven't any significant changes I'm aware of in the past two hours that may have caused this:

{
  "error": {
    "code"502,
    "source""australia-001.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId""xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx",
    "message""BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "message""Failed to find certificate with subjects 'aadencrypt.officescripts.microsoftusercontent.com', 'aadencrypt.runtime.arbitraryrunner.com'\r\nclientRequestId: xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx",
      "storageErrorCode"0
    }
  }
}
76 REPLIES 76
Yutao
Microsoft
Microsoft

[OUTAGE UPDATE]

The Office Scripts service should be recovered now! Can y'all help to check if your flows are back online? Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Thanks again for your patience!

All working for me now, thank you so much!

lashed
Frequent Visitor

Working here also. Came back up yesterday afternoon with the first round of recovery.
cheers

C_oba
Regular Visitor

@Yutao 
When start sharing script in Excel, that script become working file(book).
And when script is in that status Pautomate failed to run script (bad gateway).
After stop sharing Pautomate works fine.
So I think the workbook in your logs ("CoauthSessionTerminated: The workbook needs to be updated") means the script itself .  

画像10.png画像11.png画像12.png

Looks good here.  Script time is back down to 3 mins from 16 minutes without issues.

AlCow
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Yutao Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but the same problem appears to have reoccurred this morning. Can you please advise if this is a known issue under investigation?

simical
Frequent Visitor

our flows are failing for the same reason now
same for you ? 

AlCow
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes. Flows that were fine last week don't work now, and no-one has changed anything

Nicolas_

Hi!

Also get 502 BadGateway error. The Flow worked fine for months till now.

Any update ?

The dynamic operation request to API 'excelonlinebusiness' operation 'GetSingleScript' failed with status code 'BadGateway'. Error response:

{
"error":{
"code":502,
"source":"europe-001.azure-apim.net",
"clientRequestId":"076fb031-2a08-4ef6-adef-8c155363d1ce",
"message":"BadGateway",
"innerError":{
"status":502,
"message":"The server experienced an issue and couldn't complete the request. Please try again in a few moments. clientRequestId: 076fb031-2a08-4ef6-adef-8c155363d1ce",
"error":{
"message":"The server experienced an issue and couldn't complete the request. Please try again in a few moments."
},
"source":"excelonline-ne.azconn-ne-002.p.azurewebsites.net"
}
}
}

majorfriend
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are not seeing this error. I wonder if it is specific to one or a handful of data centers.

Nicolas_

I even can't create a new flow using the "Run Excel Script". It doesn't let me pick a script in the list. It returns this error : 

Unexpected error occurred when calling the ApiHubsRuntime API: 'Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.Entities.Exceptions.ProcessSimpleDataException: The ApiHubsRuntime API call failed with http status code 'BadGateway' and response content '{ "error": { "code": 502, "source": "europe-001.azure-apim.net", "clientRequestId": "e61855de-867b-43db-a5c7-c29bbc61f4b1", "message": "BadGateway", "innerError": { "status": 502, "message": "The server experienced an issue and couldn't complete the request. Please try again in a few moments.\r\nclientRequestId: e61855de-867b-43db-a5c7-c29bbc61f4b1", "error": { "message": "The server experienced an issue and couldn't complete the request. Please try again in a few moments." }, "source": "excelonline-ne.azconn-ne-002.p.azurewebsites.net" } } }' at Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.DataProviders.AzureResourceManagerDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClass52_0`2.<<CallAzureResourceManager>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.DataProviders.AzureResourceManagerDataProvider.<CallAzureResourceManager>d__52`2.MoveNext()'.

CaptaionPower

Same issue here

The dynamic operation request to API 'excelonlinebusiness' operation 'GetSingleScript' failed with status code 'BadGateway'. Error response: { "error": { "code": 502, "source": "europe-001.azure-apim.net", "clientRequestId": "xxxxxxxx", "message": "BadGateway", "innerError": { "status": 502, "message": "The server experienced an issue and couldn't complete the request. Please try again in a few moments. clientRequestId: "xxxxxxxxxx", "error": { "message": "The server experienced an issue and couldn't complete the request. Please try again in a few moments." }, "source": "excelonline-ne.azconn-ne-003.p.azurewebsites.net" } } }

Yesterday the flow worked fine and today this. Can't make new flows with run excel script either.

Any luck anyome??

simical
Frequent Visitor

anyone raised this issue to Microsoft ??

Yutao
Microsoft
Microsoft

@AlCow , @simical , @CaptaionPower , @Nicolas_ - really sorry to hear you're experiencing the issues. We are aware of an outage in one of our regions and are actively working on resolving it now. Thanks for your patience!

jt_leaf_sk
Regular Visitor

@Yutao can you please provide which regions experience the outage?

thx
Yutao
Microsoft
Microsoft

@jt_leaf_sk I believe it's the NorthEurope region experiencing the outage at the moment.

Thank you. For future reference, is there anywhere we can check on the status of outages? 

Yutao
Microsoft
Microsoft

@AlCow , @simical , @CaptaionPower , @Nicolas_ - We have applied a mitigation to the north-europe region. Could you help to check whether your flows are back? Thank you!

Just tried to run my Flow,looks like it's working well.

I also tried to create a new one, no issues.

Thank you for your help

I checked our flows and we are back in businness!

Thanks for the help and the info!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,865)