cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MateiC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Excel action Get Tables error, string is invalid for File field

I've encountered a behaviour I don't understand with the Excel action Get Tables. I'm aware that this is a preview action, thus it's expected to raise issues.

I manually fill the Location, select the Doc Library from the UI dropdown, the brows for the file location through the UI dropdowns. This correctly grabs the file.

I need a flow that uses logic to determine which Excel file it needs from a Library, and then get that file from the Library. I created a SharePoint list that contains 3 columns, for the Location address, Doc Library name and File name.

If I then fill in the Get Tables fields with dynamic contect from this list, I get an error:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The parameter 'file' has an invalid value '/Translation.xlsx'."
}
Translation.xlsx being the file name.

I then tested the Get tables action with Location and Doc Library manually selected, and the File field filled out through dynamic contect, which again triggered the error.

Finally I tried typing out the file name in the field, which again triggered the error.

From all this I assume that the File field is the only one that needs some kind of object type passed to it, instead of a string. My question now is if anyone understands the issue and has a workaround for this limitation, if I could Compose a string into the object type the File field expects.
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES !!  Using 'File Identifier' solved my issue perfectly.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (89,765)