I want to generate an excel file from a SharePoint list. this is working. But I also need to put the User infos, corresponding to the my excel sheet.
1. Manually trigger a flow
2. Get office 365 group members*
3. Do until ->
1. Get user profil ---- [<Get office 365 group members*> value] ----- Normally takes the 1st user
2. Add a Row to the table ---- <Office 365 values> Just adding 1 Row
3. Get file content (From the generated model)
4. Create new file ---- [<Get file content> content] ---- With the username taken from <Get user profil>
5. Delete rows created in the Excel model.
6. Start again this flow, until all user's files have been created.
It gives me :
1. The generated files are good named, with matching username
2. BUT : The usermane I've added to the table in the excel file doesn't match with the file's username....
Excuse my english, i'm french
Thanks in advance, have a good day !
Hi @devsqli ,
I am afraid that although you have provided a very detailed description, I still do not understand the intent of this Flow configuration.
It seems that you want to integrate all the user information in the Group into an Excel table, but you mentioned the SharePoint List, and then I am confused.
Please provide more explanation about your needs.
Hello, no problem !
Here is my project :
I have a PowerApp that manages expense reports.
Each note will be uploaded to a SharePoint list, and, at the end of the month, an excel file with 2 tables is generated :
- Table1 : Username, site location, and other office 365 user infos. (details just for 1 user) (1 Row)
- Table2 : List of notes created during this month for this user. (As many rows as necessary).
The intent of this Flow configuration is to create an Excel file from the SharePoint list, 1 excel for each user.
The username must be present in the file's name, the user's infos must be in the Table1.
Table2 musts contain the created notes from the month, matching to the user.
I can't replace or delete the excel model, because SharePoint locks the file during 10/15 min...
And the result of my flow is, with 3 users :
- Generating 3 different files with the good usernames in the file's name.
- The User info in Table1 doesn't match with the username in file's name.
- The detailed list doesn't match either with the user.
Thank you for your help !
My flow is working, but not for all users.
And sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....
Does someone have an idea ?
- Initialize variables "Month" and "Username"
- Get Sharepoint list item
- Add rows to excel
- Condition IF -> "Month" et "Username" variables match with sharepoint list
- Get generated file content
- Copy generated file to another location with a new name
- Delete template's rows
Hi @devsqli ,
Are there any error messages available?
I noticed that you used the PowerApps button as a trigger, which involves context.
If a Flow is started manually or through PowerApps then the Flow will run in the context of the user who started it, not in the context of the original maker.
This may be why some users are unable to use this Flow properly.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!